WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Completed stadium needs more fans

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Completed stadium needs more fans

Completed stadium needs more fans
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 108th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

Was thinking today about when the East Stand is finished and the ground is ready to "accomodate" - what it will look like with 1,600 people in it? I hope the club has a strategy for enticing people through the turnstiles because no matter how good our ground will be and no matter how many cups and Championships we win between now and 2012 - if we're still struggling to get 2,000 in attendance the RFL aren't going to bring us into Super League. No posters outside the ground today advertising the match. I would expect one poster on dispaly on Skircoat Road at least.

A bit worrying - given the quality on show over the last two years.
Re: Completed stadium needs more fans
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm
Posted by lmw on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm
lmw Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:17 pm
Posts: 556
littlerich wrote:
Was thinking today about when the East Stand is finished and the ground is ready to "accomodate" - what it will look like with 1,600 people in it? I hope the club has a strategy for enticing people through the turnstiles because no matter how good our ground will be and no matter how many cups and Championships we win between now and 2012 - if we're still struggling to get 2,000 in attendance the RFL aren't going to bring us into Super League. No posters outside the ground today advertising the match. I would expect one poster on dispaly on Skircoat Road at least.

A bit worrying - given the quality on show over the last two years.


when the next licences comes we shall do what most clubs do (widnes, celtic, salford) and just say we get twice as many as there is really there and if we get in super league we can ring sky and stevo up telling them we have 5000 people there 8)
Re: Completed stadium needs more fans
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:23 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:23 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 108th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

lmw wrote:
when the next licences comes we shall do what most clubs do (widnes, celtic, salford) and just say we get twice as many as there is really there and if we get in super league we can ring sky and stevo up telling them we have 5000 people there 8)


I don't think Widnes or Salford did that.

The biggest pup sold to the RFL was the false promises of stadium developments. It will be a travesty of justice if they fall for the same line in 2012 when John Wilkinson, Richard Wright and Ted Richardson don shovels and hard hats once again. Richard Lewis won't be there to scoop up all the bullshit this time - i hope.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:30 pm
Posted by faxtastic on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:30 pm
faxtastic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 110th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:56 am
Posts: 2548
Location: Watching Ben Black slot over a drop goal
the preview is always in the evening courier so people can find out whether matches are at home.

the big matches against widnes on sky in a month we will get a crowd of about 2,800 to 3,000 in to the shay. the games on sky are really the ones that matter this year. i doubt the people in charge of the franchise system are going to be looking at national league 1 attendances this year.

as long as we are getting big crowds in for the televised matches then it will look like crowds are improving.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 108th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

faxtastic wrote:
as long as we are getting big crowds in for the televised matches then it will look like crowds are improving.


I don't think that will wash. The club realy does need a strategy NOW in preparation for 2012. I would hope that success on the field will be enough to draw them in but i sometimes wonder. At some point - we are going to have to have a proper advertising and marketing push to go alongside the on-field success that i'm sure will come to the club.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Posted by The Scratchin shed ghost on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm
The Scratchin shed ghost User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 116th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:14 pm
Posts: 688
Location: Unstone, Derbyshire.
To be fair Northern Rail games always attract lower crowds. Once the season proper gets underway I would expect us to clear 2000 - 2500 every game. Take your point though the lads deserve to have the place bursting at the seams
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:45 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:45 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 108th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

The Scratchin shed ghost wrote:
Once the season proper gets underway I would expect us to clear 2000 - 2500 every game.


I don't share your optimism.

These clubs will bring a minimal amount of fans this year.

Barrow Raiders
Batley Bulldogs
Doncaster RLFC
Gateshead Thunder
Sheffield Eagles
Toulouse

That leaves:

Whitehaven RLFC
Widnes Vikings
Featherstone Rovers
Leigh Centurions

We need to be touching 3,000 per home game in order to clear a passage to SL. We're not Celtic you know :wink:
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:47 pm
Posted by Starbug on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:47 pm
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 112th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33944
Location: watching out for low flying geese
Time for all the Championship clubs owners/Chairmen/Ceo's to get together [ without an RFL presence ] and start to look at ways that we can all help each other improve our attendances and work with each other to make the competition better and improve the futures of our clubs
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Posted by Starbug on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Starbug User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 112th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:59 pm
Posts: 33944
Location: watching out for low flying geese
littlerich wrote:
I don't share your optimism.

These clubs will bring a minimal amount of fans this year.

Barrow Raiders
Batley Bulldogs
Doncaster RLFC
Gateshead Thunder
Sheffield Eagles
Toulouse

That leaves:

Whitehaven RLFC
Widnes Vikings
Featherstone Rovers
Leigh Centurions

We need to be touching 3,000 per home game in order to clear a passage to SL. We're not Celtic you know :wink:


Whatever happened to ' there is life outside SL ' :wink:
kcab sfrawdder



Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity

Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike




SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one
Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried.
So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face. If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn’t be done, and he did it!
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:52 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:52 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 108th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

Starbug wrote:
Time for all the Championship clubs owners/Chairmen/Ceo's to get together [ without an RFL presence ] and start to look at ways that we can all help each other improve our attendances and work with each other to make the competition better and improve the futures of our clubs


That's a bit "out of left field" for a Rugby league strategy but i hear ya :lol:
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,849,78780677,4474,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
TOULOUSE
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
TODAY 17:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sat 2nd Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 17th Mar 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
HALIFAX
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TORONTO
Sun 7th Apr 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
HALIFAX
Fri 19th Apr 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
HALIFAX
Sun 5th May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sat 18th May 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 26th May 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 30th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






15