WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - halifax v barrow score predictions.

Board index Championship Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk halifax v barrow score predictions.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:19 pm
Posted by dazednconfused on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:19 pm
dazednconfused User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 173rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 am
Posts: 1197
Location: Out on the wiley, windy moors of 'Fax
A fan is a fan. They should be expected to know about their own team and just because they don't know the home address of every player in every team does not mean they know nothing.

Just because you haven't heard of the opponents players does not instantly mean they are no good.

Lets see what Sunday brings along and hope we all get a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Good luck to both teams in contributing to a good game, but especially the Fax boys, I'll be cheering you on from behind the goals in the South Stand.

Prediction

Fax 36 Barrow 16

Att 1953

MOM Saaaayeeeeeeeed
IF YOU WANT TO WIN IT YOU'VE GOT TO EARN IT.

DESIRE AND PASSION FOR 80 MINUTES.

COME ON FAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm
Posted by dwb on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm
dwb User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 pm
Posts: 143
Location: the biggest cul-de-sac in britain
Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about Said Tamghart ? Oldham player last year ?
Doesn't wear sock's?

He's a good player ( off the bench ).
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:17 pm
Posted by griffax on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:17 pm
griffax User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 155th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:46 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: Halifax

dwb wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about Said Tamghart ? Oldham player last year ?
Doesn't wear sock's?

He's a good player ( off the bench ).


yes
supporting Halifax through thick & thin!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm
Posted by Brew on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:50 pm
Brew User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 127th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:45 pm
Posts: 25770

dwb wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about Said Tamghart ? Oldham player last year ?
Doesn't wear sock's?

He's a good player ( off the bench ).


Yeh thats the one :lol:

If he started wearing socks people wouldn't think he was the same person
Black Red Blue Green
Find me in the Twithouse @13rew
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 pm
Posted by ShayFax on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 pm
ShayFax Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 153rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 1899
SRC wrote:
Fair enough mate. I know nowt.

You really are a Rugby League God.


Sorry - I got a little carried away there. Wrong comment. I am however a little surprised you didn't know more of our players . . .

Good Luck for Sunday, should be an exciting game!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 pm
Posted by SRC on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 pm
SRC Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 174th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:18 pm
Posts: 738
ShayFax wrote:
Sorry - I got a little carried away there. Wrong comment. I am however a little surprised you didn't know more of our players . . .

Good Luck for Sunday, should be an exciting game!


No worries mate. Barrow haven't played Fax for a few years (and didn't really turn up in 2005!!), so I really haven't kept up with teams in the old NL1 - too busy worrying about our own chances in NL2.

Seriously, Brock has looked good to-date, as have pretty much all of our new signings that are actually in the country !! Hopefully we may get our 'foreign legion' in the next week or so.

I hope we give you a good game and am praying for a bonus point at least. Given we will be missing 3 or 4 regulars and are waiting on the 5 Antipodians, realistically a good performance from the Raiders would do me to be honest.

Come the start of the League campaign we should be even stronger.

It'll be nearly 7 months since a competitive match at home for us when Keighley visit next weekend. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 am
Posted by ShayFax on Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 am
ShayFax Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 153rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 1899
SRC wrote:
No worries mate. Barrow haven't played Fax for a few years (and didn't really turn up in 2005!!), so I really haven't kept up with teams in the old NL1 - too busy worrying about our own chances in NL2.

Seriously, Brock has looked good to-date, as have pretty much all of our new signings that are actually in the country !! Hopefully we may get our 'foreign legion' in the next week or so.

I hope we give you a good game and am praying for a bonus point at least. Given we will be missing 3 or 4 regulars and are waiting on the 5 Antipodians, realistically a good performance from the Raiders would do me to be honest.

Come the start of the League campaign we should be even stronger.

It'll be nearly 7 months since a competitive match at home for us when Keighley visit next weekend. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.


I am sure the league game will be a much better spectacle when we're both at full strength and in the full swing of things. On the subject of your imports, what are the chances of all of them playing for Barrow? I have heard (via your other forum) that the main issue is with your Fijians, most notably Wes Suka and that they are likely to be going to French RU. Any updates? I can imagine some attractive rugby if they play.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:53 am
Posted by SRC on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:53 am
SRC Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 174th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:18 pm
Posts: 738
ShayFax wrote:
I am sure the league game will be a much better spectacle when we're both at full strength and in the full swing of things. On the subject of your imports, what are the chances of all of them playing for Barrow? I have heard (via your other forum) that the main issue is with your Fijians, most notably Wes Suka and that they are likely to be going to French RU. Any updates? I can imagine some attractive rugby if they play.


I think the only question mark surrounds Suka. The fact that he won Fijian player of the year might have got his agent seeing Fijian Dollar signs. The story actually said that he had an offer to France to play League AND Union but it also said that he could take an offer up with his 'old' club in Australia. Then in the next breath he (or his agent) said that there were some issues in his Barrow contract that needed ironing out and they were talking to the club about it.

At the end of the day all the Fijians have signed 2 year deals that have been ratified by the RFL - so they are officially Barrow players. If they don't fulfill their contracts at Barrow, whatever club they go to will have to pay a transfer fee or Barrow could stop them playing anywhere really.

Hopefully they'll all be here next week.
Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 pm
Posted by ShayFax on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 pm
ShayFax Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 153rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 1899
SRC wrote:
I think the only question mark surrounds Suka. The fact that he won Fijian player of the year might have got his agent seeing Fijian Dollar signs. The story actually said that he had an offer to France to play League AND Union but it also said that he could take an offer up with his 'old' club in Australia. Then in the next breath he (or his agent) said that there were some issues in his Barrow contract that needed ironing out and they were talking to the club about it.

At the end of the day all the Fijians have signed 2 year deals that have been ratified by the RFL - so they are officially Barrow players. If they don't fulfill their contracts at Barrow, whatever club they go to will have to pay a transfer fee or Barrow could stop them playing anywhere really.

Hopefully they'll all be here next week.


We had a similar scenario with Aaron Heremaia and Sam Hoare last season, they both went to play in Australia and told nobody at the club. We didn't get any transfer fee though, so you may be out of luck. It should't be allowed.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm
Posted by littlerich on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm
littlerich User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 37
Rep Position: 139th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:22 pm
Posts: 18789
Location: 'Fax fan in Stockport: The jewel in the ring of Manchester

one ex fan wrote:
Halifax 18 Barrow 26

Att;1372


God you're good.


Stick to Super League lad. Tha knows nowt.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bull Mania, Hudd-Shay, jensenFF, the fax in asia, thefaxfanman, triran and 88 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,879,8231,48077,5484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
HALIFAX
Sun 5th May 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Fri 10th May 20:00
CC2019
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sat 18th May 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 26th May 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 30th Jun 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sat 6th Jul 18:00
 CH
TORONTO
v
HALIFAX
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sun 21st Jul 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 4th Aug 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 11th Aug 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 18th Aug 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 1st Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 8th Sep 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






15