FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 6 - 0 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Momirovski Try, Martin Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 18 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Blake Try, Percival Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 6 - 6 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Senior Try, Milnes Goal
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Emergency championship meeting
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:36 pm  
griff1998 wrote:
We're not the ones claiming to be fair fans.

Let's agree to disagree then, in an ideal world we would all be top of SL, unfortunately we are not living in an ideal world.I'd rest my case, if I had one. :thumb: .As Derek Bates used to say, Be nice to each other. :HUG:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach408
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 14 200915 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:5712th Apr 24 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
The sweet little hollow of Shayland where new dawns are slowly unfolding.
Signature
We shall one day be back where we belong and along shall come the Bulls defectors.

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:55 pm  
All this bias against non-favoured or 'unfashionable' / 'non-desirable' clubs absolutely must STOP. Time to level the playing field.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 19 09:5727th Apr 19 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:10 pm  
Encouraged wrote:
All this bias against non-favoured or 'unfashionable' / 'non-desirable' clubs absolutely must STOP. Time to level the playing field.

No chance of that happening, the power starts with SKY, SL Chairmen and then the RFL. The triangle of 54ites. Capitalism in Sport goes the same way. Sky want viewing figures, SL chairmen want a cheque, and the RFL want Some hospitality box tickets.
EVVO 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach644
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 200519 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Apr 23 07:1718th Feb 23 15:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:24 am  
Encouraged wrote:

Yes let’s level the playing field. Poll all owners/chairman to see how much they are willing to put into their club and cap it at the lowest. Find out how much sponsorship each club has arranged and those with more than the lowest to reject some to make it even. Find out which club has the lowest attendance and ensure all clubs only allow that number of supporters attend all games. Any club that still owns its own ground to give it away and pay rent like the others, rent to be agreed to match the highest figure for all. Audit all clubs at the end of the season to decide how much they have earned from sales of merchandise/programmes/food/drink etc. and distribute it evenly through the league.
Or accept it as it is and as I tell my kids and grandkids when they tell me “that’s not fair” “Life’s not fair, just get on with it”
The parachute payment that is causing this discussion was agreed by all the clubs that contributed and was nothing to do with the RFL or SL so could be looked on as sponsorship. It was not taken from any monies given out to championship clubs so they loose nothing.
I have just tried to highlight this payment is not the only thing that makes our sport “unfair”.
Sorry if this post offends anybody. That is not my intention. Also sorry for posting this on your forum but no similar thread on mine.
I am very willing to take all criticism if the above comments do not comply with your thinking. My skin is thick and you will not upset me.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2410
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200618 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jan 24 22:388th Dec 23 21:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 am  
EVVO wrote:
Yes let’s level the playing field. Poll all owners/chairman to see how much they are willing to put into their club and cap it at the lowest. Find out how much sponsorship each club has arranged and those with more than the lowest to reject some to make it even. Find out which club has the lowest attendance and ensure all clubs only allow that number of supporters attend all games. Any club that still owns its own ground to give it away and pay rent like the others, rent to be agreed to match the highest figure for all. Audit all clubs at the end of the season to decide how much they have earned from sales of merchandise/programmes/food/drink etc. and distribute it evenly through the league.
Or accept it as it is and as I tell my kids and grandkids when they tell me “that’s not fair” “Life’s not fair, just get on with it”
The parachute payment that is causing this discussion was agreed by all the clubs that contributed and was nothing to do with the RFL or SL so could be looked on as sponsorship. It was not taken from any monies given out to championship clubs so they loose nothing.
I have just tried to highlight this payment is not the only thing that makes our sport “unfair”.
Sorry if this post offends anybody. That is not my intention. Also sorry for posting this on your forum but no similar thread on mine.
I am very willing to take all criticism if the above comments do not comply with your thinking. My skin is thick and you will not upset me.

Oh dear. You miss the point. Entirely. We can’t run a sport having some clubs more “valuable” than others and bend the rules to accommodate them is the point. That’s exactly why this payment was introduced - to save Catalans if they went down.

And let’s not imagine the super league clubs are being altruistic here. They only want Catalans in super league cos they receive no payments from the sky tv deal. More to go round for them.

Maybe, following your logic, the super league clubs should receive sky tv payments similar to those received by catalans and the ones Toronto will get when they get placed in super league. Then let the other 99% of the sport just swivel unless they are needed for SL reserve players to gain game time
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach408
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 14 200915 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 11:5712th Apr 24 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
The sweet little hollow of Shayland where new dawns are slowly unfolding.
Signature
We shall one day be back where we belong and along shall come the Bulls defectors.

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:51 pm  
EVVO wrote:

Not sure who your team is as I am not familiar with "Lowton" :SUBMISSION:

But...

One particular example that sticks in my throat and no doubt many other Fax fans was the farce that was re-applying for franchises. I have tried to erase it from my memory but I do recall the contempt and downright FIXED approach that was taken in order to skew Fax from ever having a real and honest chance of returning to the top flight where we belong.

If I recall - Wakefield were 'down' and Celtic Crusaders then withdrew? That should have meant that Fax by default replaced Wakefield? Think Widnes were successful that year?

STANK then - and still stinks.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 16:2927th Aug 19 15:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm  
Encouraged wrote:
That should have meant that Fax by default replaced Wakefield?

That's a very bold statement which you've rightly qualified with a question mark.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 19 09:5727th Apr 19 09:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm  
The RFL is as good as irrelevant nowadays.
RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 21 14:379th Mar 21 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 pm  
griff1998 wrote:
That's a very bold statement which you've rightly qualified with a question mark.

Griif, I think what Encouraged was eluding to is that Fax had passed the criteria that season by obtaining a grade C licence and were expected to take Wakey's place. Then all the shenanigans (and wasted money) with Celtic Crusaders came left field and scuppered our legitimate chance of getting in at the time.
Goalposts kept moving for Fax on application the most notable being the state of our ground and that of Wakey's and Cas. Having moved we still didn't qualify and interestingly both Wakey and Cas are still in SL with the same stadia.
Things like that are why we as Fax fans feel a little hard done by at times.
RankPostsTeam
International Star792
JoinedServiceReputation
May 05 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 21 14:379th Mar 21 13:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Emergency championship meeting : Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:19 pm  
justthebasicfax wrote:
The RFL is as good as irrelevant nowadays.

Totally agree.
I think Sky and the Leeds, Wigan and Saints Chairmen are the inner circle regarding the corridors of power now.
PreviousNext