WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fev friendly
Re: Fev friendly
Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 pm
Posted by HXSparky on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 96

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Posts: 1873
Tbh, I've stopped going to them on the whole. If nothing else to do I might go along, but these games aren't that great a spectacle. I realise that the clubs have to make some money but our Bulls game is £10 entry on Boxing Day which is probably double what it should be to get folk out the day after Xmas.

Better to maybe have some season ticket incentives for turning up?
Re: Fev friendly
Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 am
Posted by Rotherham Fev Fan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 am
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:59 am
Posts: 4066
Location: Rawmarsh, Rotherham
HXSparky wrote:
Tbh, I've stopped going to them on the whole. If nothing else to do I might go along, but these games aren't that great a spectacle. I realise that the clubs have to make some money but our Bulls game is £10 entry on Boxing Day which is probably double what it should be to get folk out the day after Xmas.

Better to maybe have some season ticket incentives for turning up?
I rarely go to friendlies if I'm honest. That's just a personal choice. I just can't get motivated to freeze my nads Off for a relatively meaningless game.
Many other really enjoy seeing their team having their first run out.
Friendlies are a necessity... they are part of the season's funding stream.
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Re: Fev friendly
Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:14 pm
Posted by Fax4Life on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:14 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:08 pm
Posts: 5864
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire,England
I don't know why the club pick Fev to play when they are one of the biggest threats to us getting into the top 4 and seem to pick us to beat at any cost every year, plus it is a ground that many Fax fans won't go to. Its a daft choice if you ask me I certainly aint going especially when we will be playing them 3 times in the Championship anyway, pick somebody like Keighley to play not Fev!!!
Re: Fev friendly
Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 2980
Location: Shuddersfield
Fax4Life wrote:
I don't know why the club pick Fev to play when they are one of the biggest threats to us getting into the top 4 and seem to pick us to beat at any cost every year, plus it is a ground that many Fax fans won't go to. Its a daft choice if you ask me I certainly aint going especially when we will be playing them 3 times in the Championship anyway, pick somebody like Keighley to play not Fev!!!

100%.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Fev friendly
Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm
Posted by bentleyman on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 2036
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
As the Phantom Horseman said in a previous post it was agreed to reverse the Friendly & play @ Fev next Season.
Not a lover of friendlies & will not be going iirc we played at Leeds one year att 11k atmosphere Zero
Re: Fev friendly
Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Posted by griff1998 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:16 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 348

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 5022
Fax4Life wrote:
I don't know why the club pick Fev to play ...........


Money ? :BEAT:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Re: Fev friendly
Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm
Posted by interceptor on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 pm
interceptor Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 174
I suspect it's called rightly or wrongly being stuck with it from an agreement made prior to last season. It's payback time unless Fev agree that it's not a right good idea this year in view of the fixtures. The one good thing about friendlies is apparently it doesn't cost the club players wages hence the reason most players who are certain to play in the season don't particularly fancy it, because the last thing they want is to get injured in an unpaid friendly. Kelvin Skerrets quote was probably the best...."I don't do friendlies." The club however defo needs the fixtures preferably at home to raise cash in the close season. For the supporters it's just an appetiser but the Bulls match still feels to be main course.
Re: Fev friendly
Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 am
Posted by Norman Bates on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 am
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3359
Location: Fax Vegas
I’m with Kelvin on that, the dirty git.
Re: Fev friendly
Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm
Posted by FevGrinder on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm
FevGrinder User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:21 pm
Posts: 596
Hudd-Shay wrote:
I'm just wondering if any thought has been given by the club to cancelling this game. Due to the fixture list I really can't see what either club, never mind supporters would gain from this match going ahead. A game at Keighley or York would make much more sense I believe. Thoughts? The Sportsman, shuddersfield. Fyne, Maverick 4.2% Mmm!


HS,

I recon that the reason you don't want this friendly, is that you don't go to Fev. :lol:

At least there shouldn't be a DR players for this game. :wink:

Though I understand your sentiments, I did think similar last year when we played the pre-season friendly at the Shay, while also playing away there for the first game of the season in 2017. I guess someone thinks this is a money spinner, though I'm not convinced.

PS I have sent you a PM
Re: Fev friendly
Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:36 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 2980
Location: Shuddersfield
FevGrinder wrote:
HS,

I recon that the reason you don't want this friendly, is that you don't go to Fev. :lol:

At least there shouldn't be a DR players for this game. :wink:

Though I understand your sentiments, I did think similar last year when we played the pre-season friendly at the Shay, while also playing away there for the first game of the season in 2017. I guess someone thinks this is a money spinner, though I'm not convinced.

PS I have sent you a PM

I don't see where there's any brass to be made from these games, and you're correct about me not going to Fev, lol. I've replied to your PM.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Binosh, faxcar, Uptonfax and 68 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,821,1741,43177,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






15