WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Christopher Chope

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Christopher Chope

Off-topic discussion.
Christopher Chope
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:48 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:48 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1606
Is a conservative MP who voted against gay marriage, minimum wage, Turings pardon and claimed best part of £150k in one year in expenses. He has now stopped the upskirts bill. Now we all know the tories are a weird bunch but am I missing something? Why would you do that??

Regards

King James
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
Lebron James wrote:
Is a conservative MP who voted against gay marriage, minimum wage, Turings pardon and claimed best part of £150k in one year in expenses. He has now stopped the upskirts bill. Now we all know the tories are a weird bunch but am I missing something? Why would you do that??

Regards

King James

Because he's a career politician, there should be a maximum term of serving and a maximum age of 55, regardless of party politics.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 am
Posted by bren2k on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 13914
Location: Ossett
Leigh_Manning wrote:
Because he's a career politician, there should be a maximum term of serving and a maximum age of 55, regardless of party politics.


Why on earth would an arbitrary age limit, that would in fact be age discrimination, be of any help in dealing with the misanthropic behaviour of this creepy weirdo? One can only hope that his constituents send him a strong message at the next opportunity.

It's interesting that the Tory party set their stall out on this one - had it derailed by one of their own MP's - yet he seems unlikely to face censure, other than being hounded on social media. That I really don't understand.

Bigger picture - the arcane and ancient rules of parliament that allow this kind of nonsense to happen need to be reformed; a bill that has cross-party and public support should not be subject to the whims of one MP.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:48 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
bren2k wrote:
Why on earth would an arbitrary age limit, that would in fact be age discrimination, be of any help in dealing with the misanthropic behaviour of this creepy weirdo? One can only hope that his constituents send him a strong message at the next opportunity.

It's interesting that the Tory party set their stall out on this one - had it derailed by one of their own MP's - yet he seems unlikely to face censure, other than being hounded on social media. That I really don't understand.

Bigger picture - the arcane and ancient rules of parliament that allow this kind of nonsense to happen need to be reformed; a bill that has cross-party and public support should not be subject to the whims of one MP.

it's my opinion that we are governed by a group of ibdividuals who are simply too old, I agree about Parliament being arcane. Looking at £3bn to refurbish HoP, move it to Nottingham and sell the land to some oil rich country.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 am
Posted by Dally on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 am
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14596
He is simply trying to prevent bad, ill thought through legislation being implemented. He wants proper parliamentary scrutiny to ensure that. The same people who rail against him are often the people saying that Parliamemt should scrutinise Brexit legislation and any so called 'deal'. Can anybody sniff hypocrisy amongst the twitterati?
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am
Posted by Leigh_Manning on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:36 am
Leigh_Manning Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 5:44 am
Posts: 287
Dally wrote:
He is simply trying to prevent bad, ill thought through legislation being implemented. He wants proper parliamentary scrutiny to ensure that. The same people who rail against him are often the people saying that Parliamemt should scrutinise Brexit legislation and any so called 'deal'. Can anybody sniff hypocrisy amongst the twitterati?

so, upskirting is OK with you?
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Posted by Dally on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Dally User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 14596
Leigh_Manning wrote:
so, upskirting is OK with you?

Inane comment. It should be legislated against properly not on the hoof and in a way that would make the law unenforceable.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:54 pm
Posted by majorhound on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:54 pm
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 am
Posts: 93
Dally wrote:
He is simply trying to prevent bad, ill thought through legislation being implemented. He wants proper parliamentary scrutiny to ensure that. The same people who rail against him are often the people saying that Parliamemt should scrutinise Brexit legislation and any so called 'deal'. Can anybody sniff hypocrisy amongst the twitterati?


This sounds like a limp apology to me. A man who, along with Philip Davies is a known opponent of any social change for the better. But as long as we have the iniquitous system of "safe seats" they'll keep getting re-elected. These right wing dinosaurs are the people behind Brexit, they want more freedom to be able to perpetrate more outrages like this. On Brexit it is clear that there has been a sea change in attitudes. Time for another vote before we do something so bottomlessly stupid.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 am
Posted by bren2k on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 13914
Location: Ossett
Dally wrote:
He is simply trying to prevent bad, ill thought through legislation being implemented.


Did he feel the same way about gay marriage? The minimum wage? And the other bill he blocked a few minutes after derailing the upskirting thing, dealing with attacks on police dogs and horses? How about in 2013 when he referred to parliamentary staff as 'servants,' and also supported an alternative queen's speech with policies such as reintroducing the death penalty, conscription and banning the burqa in public places?

Clearly, he's a man of principle who represents the interests of his constituents.
Re: Christopher Chope
Post Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am
Posted by majorhound on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 am
Posts: 93
bren2k wrote:
Did he feel the same way about gay marriage? The minimum wage? And the other bill he blocked a few minutes after derailing the upskirting thing, dealing with attacks on police dogs and horses? How about in 2013 when he referred to parliamentary staff as 'servants,' and also supported an alternative queen's speech with policies such as reintroducing the death penalty, conscription and banning the burqa in public places?

Clearly, he's a man of principle who represents the interests of his constituents.


He, and Philip Davies also talked out a bill that would have controlled hospital parking charges.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,762,0481,90376,9594,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
TOMORROW 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 20th Jul 09:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
CANBERRA
Fri 20th Jul 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
PENRITH
Fri 20th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sat 21st Jul 06:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
GOLD COAST
Sat 21st Jul 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
SOUTHS
Sat 21st Jul 10:30
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
ST GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11