WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - They're Here.

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin They're Here.

Off-topic discussion.
Re: They're Here.
Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:51 pm
Posted by dr_feelgood on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:51 pm
dr_feelgood Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 24

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Posts: 896
Location: Wigan
I stopped coming on here for over a year because of all the conspiracy theory/flat earth BS taking over threads. Nice to see you have your own thread now. Please keep all your lunatic theories on specific threads so that I can enjoy the rest.

FWIW I think there is probably life out there, somewhere, billions of light years away, but I have yet to see any conclusive evidence, including the above.
Re: They're Here.
Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 pm
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 799
If there isn't any other life forms out there, then it's a massive waste of space
Re: They're Here.
Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 pm
Posted by Cronus on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 pm
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 612

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 6568
Location: comfortably numb
RoyBoy29 wrote:
If there isn't any other life forms out there, then it's a massive waste of space

Carl Sagan, or Contact 1997? :)

But yes I agree, and even if the Earth exists in a 'Goldilocks' zone, the claim that NO other life forms have developed somewhere among the estimated 1024 stars in the known universe seems illogical. An estimate that rises as our abilities of observation increase.

Personally, I like Arthur C Clarke's suggestion that lifeforms could exist in Jupiter's gasses and beneath the ice of Europa - and therefore by implication almost anywhere. Even in our upper atmosphere, perhaps? 8)

But whether any of those lifeforms have developed interstellar travel and have somehow happened upon the Earth within the void, and are abducting rednecks, is another question entirely.
Re: They're Here.
Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:18 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:18 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 10th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1177
dr_feelgood wrote:
I stopped coming on here for over a year because of all the conspiracy theory/flat earth BS taking over threads. Nice to see you have your own thread now. Please keep all your lunatic theories on specific threads so that I can enjoy the rest.

FWIW I think there is probably life out there, somewhere, billions of light years away, but I have yet to see any conclusive evidence, including the above.


You stopped visiting RLFANS because of one flat earthier and one thread? How much of a millennial snow flake are you? IM OFFENDED!

Regards

King Jame
Re: They're Here.
Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 am
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 am
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 799
Cronus wrote:
Carl Sagan, or Contact 1997? :)

But yes I agree, and even if the Earth exists in a 'Goldilocks' zone, the claim that NO other life forms have developed somewhere among the estimated 1024 stars in the known universe seems illogical. An estimate that rises as our abilities of observation increase.

Personally, I like Arthur C Clarke's suggestion that lifeforms could exist in Jupiter's gasses and beneath the ice of Europa - and therefore by implication almost anywhere. Even in our upper atmosphere, perhaps? 8)

But whether any of those lifeforms have developed interstellar travel and have somehow happened upon the Earth within the void, and are abducting rednecks, is another question entirely.


As said by Eleanor Ann Harroway
Re: They're Here.
Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 pm
Posted by dr_feelgood on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 pm
dr_feelgood Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 16th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 24

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm
Posts: 896
Location: Wigan
Lebron James wrote:
You stopped visiting RLFANS because of one flat earthier and one thread? How much of a millennial snow flake are you? IM OFFENDED!

Regards

King Jame


Just the Sinbin. Had a spell with good threads/debates going O/T as certain people flooded the board with their crackpot ideas that made Donald Trump look sane.
Re: They're Here.
Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm
Posted by Miro on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm
Miro User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:36 pm
Posts: 798
Location: Wakefield
Cronus wrote:
Lots of strange things in our skies.

One sunny afternoon my daughter and I watched something almost identical to the below for about 20 minutes. Aside from the 'morphing' it was absolutely stationary all that time and then just faded from sight. Tried to film it but it appeared as just a dot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atkHJTWljUU

I also recall seeing something odd in around 1998. Looked up and saw what I can only describe as looking at a Star Wars X-Wing from beneath, with a few more forward-pointing pointy bits. It hovered overhead for a few moments and then shot to the horizon in less than 2 seconds. No acceleration, instantly achieved whatever velocity it moved at.

I've worked in aviation for over a decade and heard more than a few tales. There are unknown objects in our skies. That doesn't mean aliens...possibly advanced military tech or experiments...or yeah maybe aliens. :)

If they are "advanced military tech" It's about time the taxpayer saw some results after decades (if not hundreds of years) of these wonderful technologies being sighted in our sky's. What are they waiting for? How much more testing do they need to do I wonder.
Re: They're Here.
Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 10th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1177
RoyBoy29 wrote:
Why read a book


And people wonder why the schools in Leigh are the worst in the UK?

@cronus, your post was really interesting and I really do believe you and your daughter saw something that wasn’t from this world

Regards

King James
Re: They're Here.
Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 10th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1177
RoyBoy29 wrote:
Why read a book


And people wonder why the schools in Leigh are the worst in the UK?

@cronus, your post was really interesting and I really do believe you and your daughter saw something that wasn’t from this world

Regards

King James
Re: They're Here.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 8

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:29 am
Posts: 799
At least quote my full post instead of using only part of it so you can pathetically reply with some unwitty comment.

You really are a pathetic sad individual
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,678,4441,91376,4624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 1st Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Thu 1st Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Feb 19:45
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
SHEFFIELD
Fri 2nd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 2nd Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 3rd Feb 14:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TOULOUSE
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM