WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tattoo

Board index Off Topic The Sin Bin Tattoo

Off-topic discussion.

Tattoo

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:26 pm
LarryDavid Stevo's Armpit

Thinking of getting myself one soon - potentially rhinos related.

Anybody got any sport related? Any regrets? Show em off!

Re: Tattoo

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:35 pm
Orrell Lad User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I would recommend you put some serious thought into exactly what you want and go for something unique. Make a note of it and then leave it for a year. If in a year's time it still sounds like a good idea, get it done.
21 - 19 - 4

Warrington led 16-2 in Saturday's Grand Final, but their joy was short-lived as Wigan roared back to win the Super League title and extend the Wire's 58-year wait to be champions

Swearing harms children

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 pm
Mintball User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Orrell Lad wrote:
I would recommend you put some serious thought into exactly what you want and go for something unique. Make a note of it and then leave it for a year. If in a year's time it still sounds like a good idea, get it done.

A really, really good piece of advice.

I spent years mulling – then had a supposedly 'temp' one that was intended to last about six years. Half had faded in three months, but it gave me the chance to see that I liked having a tat. I then had it redone – properly.

Sixteen years later, I finally got around to having a really serious piece of work done: it's on an upper arm, so I can hide it or not; this is actually worth considering too. This was a really good studio and I worked with the artists to come up with a unique design.

It's not sports related – I'm convinced I'll jinx any team I support if I have a club tat: perhaps I should have a Man U one, then?

The first one has worn badly – it was always a mess, really, done cheaply etc – so I'm now exploring cover-ups, plus one or two other ideas. But from purely personal experience, I'm glad that I took the time and made sure I got something that really works for me.

Taking your time gives you the opportunity to have a serious look at tattoos people have had done on the same theme – and even to ask any friends who are artistic if they have any ideas.

Whatever you decide to do, don't opt for cheap – a good tattoo can cost hundreds, but you have to live with it, so it's worth it. Consider it as a piece of artwork on your skin: do you want a Rembrandt or your local graffiti artist?

Check the work a studio does and, indeed, what work an individual artist does. Not every tattoo artist will be best suited for every subject. Make absolutely sure that a studio is licensed by the council – this helps ensure basic hygiene such as clean needles for each customer.

Get some magazines on the subject, check the internet – and look at styles as well as subjects.

And if you decide to go ahead – then enjoy the experience as well as as the result (drink a sugary drink before a session – it does help :-) ).
"You are working for Satan." Kirkstaller

"Dare to know!" Immanuel Kant

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive" Elbert Hubbard

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

The Voluptuous Manifesto – thoughts on all sorts of stuff.

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 pm
WIZEB Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mintball wrote:
– then enjoy the experience as well as as the result (drink a sugary drink before a session – it does help :-) ).

I had 8 pint of Stella.
Does that count?