WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:25 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
tigertot wrote:
It seems the chemicals used were not nerve agents but chlorine. Bombing factories might be symbolic, but Assad can just nip to Boyes & buy some more. I am touched that Trump & Co are so appalled by the use of chemicals. Presumably he was equally upset when the US coalition used white phosphorus in civilian neighbourhoods in Raqqa last year?

I can buy Chlorine GAS in Boyes??
Posted by WIZEB on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10409
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Only just seen the PM's speech to the nation regarding the Syrian attack.
It was cringeworthy at best.
Reminded me of Blair at his most insincere.
Yuk!

Blair = Looked demented with them gleaming eyes and mangled up mouth smile.
May = Looks and sounds totally neurotic to me. She could burst into tears and have a mental breakdown at any given moment.
Last edited by WIZEB on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posted by tigertot on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 15845
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
PCollinson1990 wrote:
I can buy Chlorine GAS in Boyes??


You don't buy it in gas form. It is illegal to transport chlorine gas in a number of countries, though that probably wouldn't bother Assad too much. It has to be pressurised & cooled for storage & transportation in liquid form. So look next to the yoghurts.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Posted by Cronus on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 am
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:25 pm
Posts: 6723
Location: comfortably numb
tigertot wrote:
It seems the chemicals used were not nerve agents but chlorine. Bombing factories might be symbolic, but Assad can just nip to Boyes & buy some more. I am touched that Trump & Co are so appalled by the use of chemicals. Presumably he was equally upset when the US coalition used white phosphorus in civilian neighbourhoods in Raqqa last year?

The general consensus based on initial evidence seems to be that chlorine and sarin were both used in the attack. Chlorine is a chemical weapon - a 'choking agent'. Sarin, as I'm sure you're aware, is a nerve agent. Use of both are illegal according to international law - the Geneva Protocol of 1925 and the 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention.

Chlorine attacks - normally via barrel bomb - are not uncommon in Syria, however they have been largely ignored as chlorine is a common chemical and cannot therefore be easily regulated or traced, and because it requires higher concentrations and longer exposure it tends to injure rather than kill. The relatively high number of deaths and indeed the symptoms of many victims on this occasion point to a nerve agent.

I'm sure Assad could ultimately still produce and use sarin in the future. However, by destroying existing production and storage facilities we damage his ability to do so. It also sends a message to him and his Russian cronies that they cannot act with impunity.

Going to the UN is utterly pointless as Russia vetoes everything. That's why Corbyn's hand-wringing is nothing but empty words. Nothing will change the fact Assad will win this war, but if the international community sits back and ignores sarin attacks a very dangerous precedent is being set. The strong international reaction to the Salisbury attack shows just how seriously nerve agent attacks are viewed.

FFS, when the French are leading the charge you know there must be a strong case. :lol:
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
tigertot wrote:
You don't buy it in gas form. It is illegal to transport chlorine gas in a number of countries, though that probably wouldn't bother Assad too much. It has to be pressurised & cooled for storage & transportation in liquid form. So look next to the yoghurts.

so, your point was?
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:59 am
Posted by The Devil's Advocate on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:59 am
The Devil's Advocate User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,273

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 3431
Location: In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
I'm not sure she's the worst Prime Minister, but she has to be the worst dancer!

Why didn't she just politely decline instead of doing that ridiculous "thing"

She needs to stop going on flights of fancy & concentrate on the job in hand, or we'll end up been taken down the ultra-right wing path by default.
The backstop to the backstop.

Fudge-it.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:32 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 10212
The Devil's Advocate wrote:
I'm not sure she's the worst Prime Minister, but she has to be the worst dancer!

Why didn't she just politely decline instead of doing that ridiculous "thing"

She needs to stop going on flights of fancy & concentrate on the job in hand, or we'll end up been taken down the ultra-right wing path by default.


Her dancing has to be THE highlight of her tenure as PM of the UK, hilarious.
As for leadership, she is still to demonstrate ANY. Her party is in chaos, the country, whilst not sinking, has almost zero growth and Brexit is just lurching along, totally directionless and we will be left either with "no deal" or a sham of a deal.
She and her party should have decided 2 years ago where they were aiming but, instead, in order to prevent a total split, she and the Tories have done nothing to help the country.
It's just a good job that the world economy is growing, albeit at a far quicker rate than the UK.
Posted by Mash Butty on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:07 am
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: PIE IN THE SKY DISH
More dancing yesterday to cause distraction from the full house of troubles this government has caused us..... I read in last weeks FT (I think Tues 25 Sept) from an authoritative expert that on the last 3 occasions the £GBP has dropped to it's lowest level it has been the day immediately after a Theresa May Brexit speech. The FTSE was also affected. So I put it to the test today (4 Oct) and the FTSE has dropped and the £GBP dropped yesterday afternoon but has fortunately recovered today because the Italians have decided to try their luck in their latest budget which has had a massive knock on effect for the rest of Europe. Therefore in summary, when Theresa May opens her mouth Britains economy suffers greatly the next day and weeks following....The same analyst also suggested the top 250 - 350 UK companies are undervalued by 20% compared to similar companies in other countries because of complete incompetence of the brexit negotiations. Again I put this to the test and invested my money overseas and saw better results almost instantly. None of this economic impact has been reported in the tabloid press, I wonder why..?....
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 am
Posted by King Street Cat on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 am
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 3163
Location: WF4
Image
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Posted by tigertot on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 15845
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
Steady, she'll get cross.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,811,29493877,2734,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 27th Oct 14:30
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Sun 4th Nov 14:30
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Sun 11th Nov 15:15
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11