WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Off-topic discussion.
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am
Posted by Cronus on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:05 am
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 12

wrencat1873 wrote:
Indeed.
It's ok to murder millions of innocent people with bombs and bullets but, if you kill just a few (relatively speaking) with chemical weapons then "the west" will react.
Mrs May has never looked comfortable in front of the TV cameras but now that Trump has his hand firmly up her backside and once again, the UK has become the puppets of the US, she looks even more uncomfortable.
Just how much of this is outrage, for Syria using chemical weapons and how much is this to do with domestic politics.
Americans love a good skirmish (as long as there arent too many body bags coming back their way and May is desperate for something, anything, to give her a chance to remain at the helm.
Nobody and condone the use of chemical weapons but, what is the difference if people are being killed, needlessly ??

Over to you Mr Putin, it's your move next :CRAZY:

Chemical weapons are illegal. Bombs and bullets aren't. The use of chemical weapons violates international treaties and international criminal law.

I will go so far as to invoke Godwin's: even Hitler refrained from using chemical weapons on the battlefield.

Actually, I agree with you in principle. Assad is an animal and has been slaughtering his people for years. Stepping in just because the weapon has changed seems hypocritical. But at the same time ignoring a violation of international law sets a dangerous precedent.

The last thing the region actually needs is Assad removed from power. As has been proven elsewhere, a power vacuum in the Middle East is a great opportunity for the extremists. Even Saddam Hussein, as bad as he was, kept the radicals in check.

I expect Putin's response will be to target Western allies fighting Assad.
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Cronus wrote:
Chemical weapons are illegal. Bombs and bullets aren't. The use of chemical weapons violates international treaties and international criminal law.

I will go so far as to invoke Godwin's: even Hitler refrained from using chemical weapons on the battlefield.

Actually, I agree with you in principle. Assad is an animal and has been slaughtering his people for years. Stepping in just because the weapon has changed seems hypocritical. But at the same time ignoring a violation of international law sets a dangerous precedent.

The last thing the region actually needs is Assad removed from power. As has been proven elsewhere, a power vacuum in the Middle East is a great opportunity for the extremists. Even Saddam Hussein, as bad as he was, kept the radicals in check.

I’m glad you cleared it up that its only illegal to kill innocent people by Chemical weapons only

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:48 pm
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Lebron James wrote:
I’m glad you cleared it up that its only illegal to kill innocent people by Chemical weapons only

Regards

King James

still waiting for all these links from you and wrencat...
Posted by Cronus on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:18 pm
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 12

PCollinson1990 wrote:

I've stopped replying to him.

His reply to me above, for example, which demonstrates yet again he can only be an utter imbecile or a troll. The jury is out.
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 pm
Free-scoring winger

PCollinson1990 wrote:

What link have you asked from me? Go on, quote your post where you have asked me?

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:48 pm
Free-scoring winger

Cronus wrote:

Assad never used them on the battlefield either. He just used them on innocent children just like hittler did

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Cronus wrote:
I've stopped replying to him.

His reply to me above, for example, which demonstrates yet again he can only be an utter imbecile or a troll. The jury is out.

Sound advice.
Posted by Lebron James on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm
Free-scoring winger

Why is it May can’t find money for the NHS, or pensioners or school meals but can always find a hundred million to launch a load of missiles when trump asks her? Or a billion to save her party of course

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Posted by Lebron James on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm
Free-scoring winger

This made me laugh and it’s Cronus to a Tee but the only evidence so far to prove it was Assad that used chemical weapons is from France, who have claimed that after reviewing photos they have concluded it was Syria. Utterly laughable

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0

Budgiezilla wrote:
Posted by tigertot on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 308

It seems the chemicals used were not nerve agents but chlorine. Bombing factories might be symbolic, but Assad can just nip to Boyes & buy some more. I am touched that Trump & Co are so appalled by the use of chemicals. Presumably he was equally upset when the US coalition used white phosphorus in civilian neighbourhoods in Raqqa last year?
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
PreviousNext