WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin T. May the worst prime minister ever ?

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by DGM on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 pm
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2472
PCollinson1990 wrote:


I think he's referring to the chemical attack in Syria last year. I don't think it was proven to be false though, I'm sure I read about an investigation which proved Sarin was used, dropped by a Syrian aircraft.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
DGM wrote:
I think he's referring to the chemical attack in Syria last year. I don't think it was proven to be false though, I'm sure I read about an investigation which proved Sarin was used, dropped by a Syrian aircraft.

ah right, I think the rest of the world must be fairly sure if moving so much "kit" to the area.

I can't say I agree that it's our responsibility, and question just what the UN is for, it's always UK and US that take action.
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:20 am
Posted by DGM on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:20 am
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2472
PCollinson1990 wrote:
ah right, I think the rest of the world must be fairly sure if moving so much "kit" to the area.


It still doesn't sit right with me though - why would Assad do it now? Trump announced he was to withdraw from the area, he's clearly winning the war vs the rebels, he'd have to be a complete imbecile to carry out that attack now.

PCollinson1990 wrote:
I can't say I agree that it's our responsibility, and question just what the UN is for, it's always UK and US that take action.


I agree to an extent, although we've been meddling in the region for 100 years, so we have to take some responsibility to try and fix it. I'm not sure dropping more bombs right now will fix anything though.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
DGM wrote:
It still doesn't sit right with me though - why would Assad do it now? Trump announced he was to withdraw from the area, he's clearly winning the war vs the rebels, he'd have to be a complete imbecile to carry out that attack now.

I agree to an extent, although we've been meddling in the region for 100 years, so we have to take some responsibility to try and fix it. I'm not sure dropping more bombs right now will fix anything though.

people tested positive for Sarin, so it was proven.

We've been meddling in things since 1095, if not earlier...
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am
Posted by DGM on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2472
PCollinson1990 wrote:
people tested positive for Sarin, so it was proven.


True. I just don't get why he'd decide to use it now. As I say, he must be a fkn idiot.


PCollinson1990 wrote:
We've been meddling in things since 1095, if not earlier...


I was referring to more modern times since the Sykes-Picot, but you are indeed correct.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Posted by Lebron James on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1599
So air strikes have been launched. Assad just needs to go back to murdering his own people with small arms instead then the west won’t be bothered. Either that or just rename yourself Saudi Arabia or Israel so the west will sell you the weapons for murdering innocent people.

Regards

King James
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:43 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 9712
Lebron James wrote:
So air strikes have been launched. Assad just needs to go back to murdering his own people with small arms instead then the west won’t be bothered. Either that or just rename yourself Saudi Arabia or Israel so the west will sell you the weapons for murdering innocent people.

Regards

King James


Indeed.
It's ok to murder millions of innocent people with bombs and bullets but, if you kill just a few (relatively speaking) with chemical weapons then "the west" will react.
Mrs May has never looked comfortable in front of the TV cameras but now that Trump has his hand firmly up her backside and once again, the UK has become the puppets of the US, she looks even more uncomfortable.
Just how much of this is outrage, for Syria using chemical weapons and how much is this to do with domestic politics.
Americans love a good skirmish (as long as there arent too many body bags coming back their way and May is desperate for something, anything, to give her a chance to remain at the helm.
Nobody and condone the use of chemical weapons but, what is the difference if people are being killed, needlessly ??

Over to you Mr Putin, it's your move next :CRAZY:
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:06 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
wrencat1873 wrote:
Indeed.
It's ok to murder millions of innocent people with bombs and bullets but, if you kill just a few (relatively speaking) with chemical weapons then "the west" will react.
Mrs May has never looked comfortable in front of the TV cameras but now that Trump has his hand firmly up her backside and once again, the UK has become the puppets of the US, she looks even more uncomfortable.
Just how much of this is outrage, for Syria using chemical weapons and how much is this to do with domestic politics.
Americans love a good skirmish (as long as there arent too many body bags coming back their way and May is desperate for something, anything, to give her a chance to remain at the helm.
Nobody and condone the use of chemical weapons but, what is the difference if people are being killed, needlessly ??

Over to you Mr Putin, it's your move next :CRAZY:

I must have missed the news about "millions" being murdered recently, you got a link?
Posted by Backwoodsman on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:40 am
Backwoodsman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 1241
Location: Deepest North Yorkshire Woodland
I still think that the bush/Blair Iraq war started a lot of this unrest in the Middle East. If you kick over a hornets nest you generally get a reaction. Certainly Iran have seized the opportunity to mischief make in Syria and Iraq.
Re: T. May the worst prime minister ever ?
Post Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am
Posted by PCollinson1990 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am
PCollinson1990 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,952

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am
Posts: 1401
Backwoodsman wrote:
I still think that the bush/Blair Iraq war started a lot of this unrest in the Middle East. If you kick over a hornets nest you generally get a reaction. Certainly Iran have seized the opportunity to mischief make in Syria and Iraq.

successive UK & US "administrations" have tried to "fix" the region, and failed.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cronus, Him and 29 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,760,6301,21176,9524,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 19th Jul 10:50
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
CANTERBURY
Thu 19th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 20th Jul 09:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
CANBERRA
Fri 20th Jul 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
PENRITH
Fri 20th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sat 21st Jul 06:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
GOLD COAST
Sat 21st Jul 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
SOUTHS
Sat 21st Jul 10:30
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
ST GEORGE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11