JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Feb 20 11:2324th Oct 19 15:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total

Re: Night Sky : Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:03 am  
theearthisflat wrote:
... "planets" don't exist...What you are seeing is nothing but "wandering stars" not terra firma planets ...Through a telescope both the fixed stars and wandering "planets" appear as nothing more than tiny round dots of light, luminaries, circling the night sky. They do NOT appear in any way to be spherical Earth-like terra firma capable of landing on

I got a reasonable telescope. Any time the planets are in position I can look myself, and very easily see surface details and, especially, their spherical shape, often as a crescent depending where they are in relation to the sun. So far as the moon is concerned, if I crank up the mag, I can even see tiney features in the sharpest detail. I suggest you wake up, and spend a night with your local amateur astronomy society then you wouldn't come up with any more of this bullcrap.

theearthisflat wrote:
... How can anyone be so stupid as to believe that we are on a ball spinning 1000 mph and moving 66000mph and no one feels a damned thing??

You do feel a damned thing. Unless you are dead, you feel what you feel. No need for "belief" here, it's all 100% fact.

theearthisflat wrote:
..Here’s another video of PROOf of the moon hoax.

Which moon hoax? We landed on the moon half a dozen times. They hoaxed it each time, right?

Flat earth my arrse! There are hundreds of astronauts from countries all over the world who have spent a combined total of many years orbiting our round planet and they're up there even now. You can watch the rockets take off, I have done so myself more than once.

If the earth is flat, maybe you could explain to me how the GPS satellite system works? You know - the one that operates your SatNav? You can watch many hundreds of satellites sailing along in their extremely predictable orbits all night long by using any one of several free apps and programs that tell you what's coming and where and when. If we ain't on a ball, what the fsck are they orbiting, then?
Many millionsof people receive their TV signals via a satellite dish pointed at a geostationary satellite. How do you get a geostationary satellite unless it is in a synchronous orbit?

You are rather quaint in thinking that literally milions of videos and images produuced over many decades by all the spacefaring nations of the world are all fake, but then we have mavericks like Felix Baumgartner, who went pretty high up in a balloon and jumped out. High enough so you could plainly see the curve of the earth. All on glorious live video. You can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I

Or was old Felix just a weird random CGI stunt staged for no discernable purpose whatsoever?

You know what the funniest thing is? You provide a link to a video you say PROVES the moon hoax -yet it is full of Russian etc space footage which (of course) plainly shows the round globe below! Did you miss those bits? I see your video is just a rehash of some of the most stupid and ridiculous shoite that has been so thoroughly debunked as to be deader than the Norwegian parrot, yet somehow people like you still seemingly lap it up! FFS it even contains the banal crassly stupid thing about not being able to see stars! Can you see stars in daylight on Earth? No, you can't. Howthe fsck would a camera taking daylight shots be set to also pick up the incredibly faint light of stars? I mean, really? And having spent god knows what fabricating the "wolrd's biggest lie" - you suggest (or your video does) that they FORGOT the bit about faking stars in the sky? :lol:

You have a brain. I suggest you use it.
theearthisflat wrote:
... "planets" don't exist...What you are seeing is nothing but "wandering stars" not terra firma planets ...Through a telescope both the fixed stars and wandering "planets" appear as nothing more than tiny round dots of light, luminaries, circling the night sky. They do NOT appear in any way to be spherical Earth-like terra firma capable of landing on

I got a reasonable telescope. Any time the planets are in position I can look myself, and very easily see surface details and, especially, their spherical shape, often as a crescent depending where they are in relation to the sun. So far as the moon is concerned, if I crank up the mag, I can even see tiney features in the sharpest detail. I suggest you wake up, and spend a night with your local amateur astronomy society then you wouldn't come up with any more of this bullcrap.

theearthisflat wrote:
... How can anyone be so stupid as to believe that we are on a ball spinning 1000 mph and moving 66000mph and no one feels a damned thing??

You do feel a damned thing. Unless you are dead, you feel what you feel. No need for "belief" here, it's all 100% fact.

theearthisflat wrote:
..Here’s another video of PROOf of the moon hoax.

Which moon hoax? We landed on the moon half a dozen times. They hoaxed it each time, right?

Flat earth my arrse! There are hundreds of astronauts from countries all over the world who have spent a combined total of many years orbiting our round planet and they're up there even now. You can watch the rockets take off, I have done so myself more than once.

If the earth is flat, maybe you could explain to me how the GPS satellite system works? You know - the one that operates your SatNav? You can watch many hundreds of satellites sailing along in their extremely predictable orbits all night long by using any one of several free apps and programs that tell you what's coming and where and when. If we ain't on a ball, what the fsck are they orbiting, then?
Many millionsof people receive their TV signals via a satellite dish pointed at a geostationary satellite. How do you get a geostationary satellite unless it is in a synchronous orbit?

You are rather quaint in thinking that literally milions of videos and images produuced over many decades by all the spacefaring nations of the world are all fake, but then we have mavericks like Felix Baumgartner, who went pretty high up in a balloon and jumped out. High enough so you could plainly see the curve of the earth. All on glorious live video. You can watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I

Or was old Felix just a weird random CGI stunt staged for no discernable purpose whatsoever?

You know what the funniest thing is? You provide a link to a video you say PROVES the moon hoax -yet it is full of Russian etc space footage which (of course) plainly shows the round globe below! Did you miss those bits? I see your video is just a rehash of some of the most stupid and ridiculous shoite that has been so thoroughly debunked as to be deader than the Norwegian parrot, yet somehow people like you still seemingly lap it up! FFS it even contains the banal crassly stupid thing about not being able to see stars! Can you see stars in daylight on Earth? No, you can't. Howthe fsck would a camera taking daylight shots be set to also pick up the incredibly faint light of stars? I mean, really? And having spent god knows what fabricating the "wolrd's biggest lie" - you suggest (or your video does) that they FORGOT the bit about faking stars in the sky? :lol:

You have a brain. I suggest you use it.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11923
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years172nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:5025th Feb 24 00:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Re: Night Sky : Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:37 pm  
Why are you calling people "BORG", what does it mean?

And why do some of your You Tube videos proving the Earth is flat feature a spherical Earth?

You're a rather confusing chap.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total

Re: Night Sky : Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:10 pm  
The poor chap is quite mad. I won't respond, as it's no fun playing chess with a pigeon nor is there any point. Rambling, delusional idiocy. Nutter blocked.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Night Sky : Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:03 am  
Meanwhile, back in reality, there's an asteroid flying by today, at a distance which is nothing in astronomical terms (nearest approach about 300,000 miles - a little more than the distance to the moon) and so presents a good chance for earth based astronomers to make some observations. Don't worry though, we are all safe - even flat earthers - as the path of the now so-nickamed "Great Pumpkin" asteroid is very well understood.

The estimated size of the "Great Pumpkin" is around 400m. Loads of info and even video here:
http://www.space.com/30954-halloween-as ... tb145.html
Meanwhile, back in reality, there's an asteroid flying by today, at a distance which is nothing in astronomical terms (nearest approach about 300,000 miles - a little more than the distance to the moon) and so presents a good chance for earth based astronomers to make some observations. Don't worry though, we are all safe - even flat earthers - as the path of the now so-nickamed "Great Pumpkin" asteroid is very well understood.

The estimated size of the "Great Pumpkin" is around 400m. Loads of info and even video here:
http://www.space.com/30954-halloween-as ... tb145.html
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Night Sky : Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 pm  
theearthisflat wrote:
I'm sorry but I cannot tolerate this total bullshit.

Yes you can. Look, there it is, however much you THINK you can't tolerate it, it ain't gonna move. Best don't look if you can't be doing with it.

theearthisflat wrote:
The video is laughable it proves absolutely nothing.

The video is not offered as "proof" of anything. It is what it is, a video of the asteroid. If you don't believe it - GREAT! Nobody cares! But, it is.

However, the fact is that the existence of this asteroid was only discovered On 10th October, not by NASA, but by observers at the University of Hawaii's Panoramic Survey Telescope. Or are they in on the conspiracy too?

theearthisflat wrote:
You're also claiming a 400 metre dark object 300.000 miles away ( distance to the moon ALLEGEDLY) can be viewed from your apoxy looking telescope.

You have no idea what telescope I have. However, I wouldn't need a telescope - just a clear dark sky and a reasonable pair of binoculars. The reason it can be seen that way - (yes! even by YOU, with your own eyes, but it might upset your theory that everything's a conspiracy) is simply because of the contrast between the dark background, and the sunlight reflecting from the asteroid.

Watch it live here: http://live.slooh.com/
between 9 pm ET and midnight

theearthisflat wrote:
Well if that's possible you'd be able to zoom on the moon and locate the American flag and the land rovers what they left up there eh, now that'd be great evidence. With that kind of evidence there'd be no flat Earther's.

The issue you have here is that you can't be bothered to assess propositions calmly and rationally, or you have no grasp of basic optics or maths, or probably both.

You need to get a simple understanding of the maximum resolution that any given set of optics can theoretically achieve. No telescope on Earth can see the leftover descent stages of the Apollo Lunar Modules or anything else Apollo-related. In fact, not even the Hubble Space Telescope (not that you believe in it) can see them. The laws of optics prevent this. Hubble's 94.5-inch mirror has a resolution of 0.024″ in ultraviolet light, which translates to 141 feet (43 metres) at the Moon's distance. In visible light, it's 0.05″, or closer to 300 feet. Given that the largest piece of kit left on the Moon after each mission was the 17.9-foot-high by 14-foot-wide Lunar Module, you can see the problem. Or could, if you were prepared to consider it.

Of course, if those pesky NASA bluffers wanted to, they could easily have produced fake shots of the kit, to "prove" it was there. Oddly, they haven't. Why is that, do you suppose? Or maybe it's a cunning double bluff.

Odd that such a ruthless demander of evidence such as yourself doesn't actually know that the "evidence " you complain is absent, is in fact impossible to get from Earth. Maybe you were just tired, eh?
theearthisflat wrote:
I'm sorry but I cannot tolerate this total bullshit.

Yes you can. Look, there it is, however much you THINK you can't tolerate it, it ain't gonna move. Best don't look if you can't be doing with it.

theearthisflat wrote:
The video is laughable it proves absolutely nothing.

The video is not offered as "proof" of anything. It is what it is, a video of the asteroid. If you don't believe it - GREAT! Nobody cares! But, it is.

However, the fact is that the existence of this asteroid was only discovered On 10th October, not by NASA, but by observers at the University of Hawaii's Panoramic Survey Telescope. Or are they in on the conspiracy too?

theearthisflat wrote:
You're also claiming a 400 metre dark object 300.000 miles away ( distance to the moon ALLEGEDLY) can be viewed from your apoxy looking telescope.

You have no idea what telescope I have. However, I wouldn't need a telescope - just a clear dark sky and a reasonable pair of binoculars. The reason it can be seen that way - (yes! even by YOU, with your own eyes, but it might upset your theory that everything's a conspiracy) is simply because of the contrast between the dark background, and the sunlight reflecting from the asteroid.

Watch it live here: http://live.slooh.com/
between 9 pm ET and midnight

theearthisflat wrote:
Well if that's possible you'd be able to zoom on the moon and locate the American flag and the land rovers what they left up there eh, now that'd be great evidence. With that kind of evidence there'd be no flat Earther's.

The issue you have here is that you can't be bothered to assess propositions calmly and rationally, or you have no grasp of basic optics or maths, or probably both.

You need to get a simple understanding of the maximum resolution that any given set of optics can theoretically achieve. No telescope on Earth can see the leftover descent stages of the Apollo Lunar Modules or anything else Apollo-related. In fact, not even the Hubble Space Telescope (not that you believe in it) can see them. The laws of optics prevent this. Hubble's 94.5-inch mirror has a resolution of 0.024″ in ultraviolet light, which translates to 141 feet (43 metres) at the Moon's distance. In visible light, it's 0.05″, or closer to 300 feet. Given that the largest piece of kit left on the Moon after each mission was the 17.9-foot-high by 14-foot-wide Lunar Module, you can see the problem. Or could, if you were prepared to consider it.

Of course, if those pesky NASA bluffers wanted to, they could easily have produced fake shots of the kit, to "prove" it was there. Oddly, they haven't. Why is that, do you suppose? Or maybe it's a cunning double bluff.

Odd that such a ruthless demander of evidence such as yourself doesn't actually know that the "evidence " you complain is absent, is in fact impossible to get from Earth. Maybe you were just tired, eh?
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Night Sky : Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:25 pm  
TRULY pathetic
http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspira ... lenger.asp
but can you please not stick to your own fscking thread? You have no business hijacking this one
TRULY pathetic
http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspira ... lenger.asp
but can you please not stick to your own fscking thread? You have no business hijacking this one
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31577
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years77th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 08:2518th Apr 24 12:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: Night Sky : Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 pm  
Amen to that FA.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 24 10:0629th Sep 23 13:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Night Sky : Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:34 pm  
Could the Borg Queen either assimilate this strange intruder or get shut, so us drones can get back to looking at cool stuff?

We have enough debates about Flatcappers, but Flat Earthers - what next Night Journeyists.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3828
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 200518 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Feb 24 10:0629th Sep 23 13:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the seaside town ...that they forgot to bomb
Signature
Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May & BORIS (W.T.F.)

It's Johnson!

Re: Night Sky : Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:38 pm  
theearthisflat wrote:
Ha ha ,I'm sorry to interrupt your fix for cartoons and fake CGI composites, have you just got in from school.?

Just got in from school, ha ha, it’s that long ago I only vaguely remember it.

I have no problem with your beliefs, likewise the Christians & Muslims etc. But they don’t come on a random backwater forum spouting their dogmas, why do you feel the need?

The Christians tell us Jesus was resurrected, the Muslims say Mohammed popped up to see God & you keep banging on about the earth being flat!

None of the aforementioned doctrines will sway my opinions.

I just like looking at stuff through my telescope & especially enjoy a good meteor shower (Note to self – Geminids coming to a sky near me 13th December)
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Night Sky : Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:27 pm  
Yesterday (Nov. 2) marked 15 years since humans took up permanent residence in the International Space Station, and the six crewmembers on board took some time to talk about what the station means for the future of human spaceflight, and how it's holding up after more than one and a half decades in space.

That is, there have been astronauts orbiting the globe continually for 15 years, and still are. What an incredible achievement by the spacefaring countries, and what a great example of international co-operation. For example, as of now, the only transport is the Russian system, but the nationalities of the astronauts are as eclectic a mix as ever.

Because of the nature of the ISS orbit, it regularly passes over most places. I highly recommend an app called GoISSWatch which will guide you to the best opportunities and exact times etc to watch the ISS sailing serenely overhead from your location
PreviousNext