WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - PS, Xbox, Wii, PC and other Gaming #10

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin PS, Xbox, Wii, PC and other Gaming #10

Off-topic discussion.
Re: PS, Xbox, Wii, PC and other Gaming #10
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:17 pm
Posted by Nothus on Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:17 pm
Nothus User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 15th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 0

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the story in Destiny tbh. It's poor.
Like I said in a previous post, the game comes alive once you hit level 20 and can begin to attempt the more difficult missions, strikes and the raid. It's all about finding loot, earning currency and reputation to buy better gear, and if you're really lucky you might stumble across some exotic items.

Bungie have apparently officially denied that the dlc is already finished and on the disc. I'm not sure I believe them 100%, but I can't really have too many complaints because I've already got my money's worth from the game and then some. And I'm still having bags of fun playing it.

Only my personal opinion though of course, others might not be enjoying it quite so much.
Posted by 100% Wire on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:03 pm
100% Wire User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Nothus wrote:
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the story in Destiny tbh. It's poor.
Like I said in a previous post, the game comes alive once you hit level 20 and can begin to attempt the more difficult missions, strikes and the raid. It's all about finding loot, earning currency and reputation to buy better gear, and if you're really lucky you might stumble across some exotic items.

Bungie have apparently officially denied that the dlc is already finished and on the disc. I'm not sure I believe them 100%, but I can't really have too many complaints because I've already got my money's worth from the game and then some. And I'm still having bags of fun playing it.

Only my personal opinion though of course, others might not be enjoying it quite so much.

They're hardly going to come out and say 'you know what, we're sorry, but the DLC is there already and Activision made us put it behind a (what is effectively) pay-wall'. As has been said though, this is not new, Resident Evil 5, a game released 5 years ago had the multiplayer mode on the disc but locked off, pending extra payment.
[URL=//www.trueachievements.com/Wirelad2904.htm][IMG]//www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Wirelad2904.png[/IMG][/URL]
Posted by Adamjk on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:04 pm
Adamjk User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

There's posts on the Destiny forum, apparently from a Bungie employee who worked on the game saying that the story was massively scaled back because of people from up high in Activision saying that it was too complicated. Apparently they cut so much that it left the mess that we have now with a lot of it not really making sense. The guy who was in charge of the story apparently left quite late in the development
Posted by Wanderer on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 16th / 76,460

Quiz Score: 652

1000-post limit reached ... New thread started.
Previous