WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Prevent The Church Hijacking Our Schools

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Prevent The Church Hijacking Our Schools

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by McLaren_Field on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:08 am
McLaren_Field User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:40 am
Posts: 32466
Location: Leeds

Standee wrote:

or my personal favourite, the one where some dude put 2 of each creature on a boat, and none of the predatory creatues ate the prey creatures, we came from Adam and Eve, but God didn't like how it tipped up, so he murdered everyone apart from this Noah bloke and his kids,and they gave rise to all of mankind (you know, even Asian, American, African, Middle Eastern, European variants, we're all from the same stock, yes siree)



Nope, that bits true, they found the remains of a boat on top of a mountain in the middle east once so thats proof, they didn't offer any proof or anything, just said "We found this boat on top of a mountain, it must be Noahs".

It was buried under eighteen feet of fossilised animal shit.
Someday everything is gonna be different, When I paint my masterpiece
------------------------------------------------------
The Jerry Chicken Blog Page
------------------------------------------------------
BUY MY ART ONLINE AT ARTGALLERY.CO.UK

AT THE RIPPINGHAM GALLERY
....................................................................
ART PROFILE
...................................................................
On Twitter
...................................................................
On Facebook
...................................................................
Posted by Sheldon on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:19 am
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22243
Location: York
McLaren_Field wrote:
Nope, that bits true, they found the remains of a boat on top of a mountain in the middle east once so thats proof, they didn't offer any proof or anything, just said "We found this boat on top of a mountain, it must be Noahs".

It was buried under eighteen feet of fossilised animal shit.


I saw a program on it on Thursday, they changed the Noah story a bit (a lot) and ended it with....

This could be conclusive proof on the existence of God.

It was carbon dated and accepted to be around the correct time (wtf does that mean :lol: ) but when I saw that the shroud of Turin carbon dating didn't match so they rejected it, you can't win.
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Posted by cod'ead on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm
cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 10:49 am
Posts: 37704
Location: Zummerzet, where the zoider apples grow
They're on form on twitter today:

Rev. Keith Roberts ‏@GodsLandGodsLaw

Christians have a MORAL OBLIGATION to God to ensure science is banned in America. It is the single greatest threat to Christianity!
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan
Posted by Sheldon on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22243
Location: York
cod'ead wrote:
They're on form on twitter today:

Rev. Keith Roberts ‏@GodsLandGodsLaw

Christians have a MORAL OBLIGATION to God to ensure science is banned in America. It is the single greatest threat to Christianity!


:lol: What a card.

And to think these idiots get tax exemptions into the billions of dollars to spread this rubbish.
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Posted by Neil on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 pm
Neil Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 679
Location: Bordon, Hants
Sheldon wrote:
:lol: What a card.

And to think these idiots get tax exemptions into the billions of dollars to spread this rubbish.


And to lavish themselves with Lear Jets and posh cars. As they say on one of my favourite podcasts,

"Any preacher with more than one pair of shoes is a hypocrite"
Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream
Posted by Sheldon on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 pm
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22243
Location: York
Neil wrote:
And to lavish themselves with Lear Jets and posh cars. As they say on one of my favourite podcasts,

"Any preacher with more than one pair of shoes is a hypocrite"


Who would that be?

A bit of a read, but you get the point.

http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.ph ... ragun_32_4
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Posted by Neil on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 am
Neil Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 679
Location: Bordon, Hants
Sheldon wrote:
Who would that be?


The Non Prophets Don't ask me which episode though, I've been slowly trawling my way through about five years worth.
Wave upon wave of demented avengers march cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream
Posted by Ferocious Aardvark on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am
Ferocious Aardvark User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 268

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:26 pm
Posts: 28189
Location: MACS0647-JD

kirkstaller wrote:
You were the one who scuttled off last time.


I only occasionally dip into this thread now as it is largely boring. However your above assertion is as ridiculous as your overall position, since in the months the thread has run, you have yet to answer a single one of the many questions I put to you. My presenc eor absence is not the point. Your unwillingness / inability to give a straight answer to any straight quetsion is the point.

kirkstaller wrote:
As for evidence, by the far most convincing is the daily spiritual relationship I have with Jesus. Second is the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth. Third, the creation which surrounds us.

Accepting you are an adult of seemingly at least average intelligence, I will not insult it by a response that would even consider the possibility you actually fail to understand what "evidence" is, or that you actually believe what you just wrote.

kirkstaller wrote:
...
Let me ask {Rock god x} a very important question -

Have you been filled with the Spirit?

If not, then you are by no means qualified to judge the experience of those who have been born again in Christ.

You are attempting to equate a metaphysical religious experience, which even you must at least concede, in the absence of any of that "evidence" stuff could just all be in your head, with proper "evidence", as understood down on this planet.

kirkstaller wrote:
You observe results. We observe Jesus.

No. You don't. You claim to have had some sort of personal meeting, but this is a delusion.

kirkstaller wrote:
Scientific results can be replicated by others. The gifts of the Spirit can be replicated by others.

The former can, or can be improved, or disproved, or refined. That is the scientific process. The latter clearly are a metaphysical concept incapable of evidence-based consideration. there is no evidence of "the Spirit", much less any such "gifts", and if others could replicate them, then you wouldn't need a "Spirit", would you?

kirkstaller wrote:
Can you explain the explosion of the early church? Why the Apostles agreed to forsake their lives if Jesus was not the Son of God?

Similar mental processes that lead millions of Muslims to deny Jesus was the son of god. Similar processes that led to the deaths of hundreds of cult followers at places like Waco. Can YOU explain the explosion of any number of hundreds of other religions across the world, followers of which all believe theirs is the only true religion and all others are misguided?

kirkstaller wrote:
Why the tomb was empty? Where Jesus’ body went?

As this is a pure anecdote, you can hardly cite it as "evidence". But if I were wanting to create a cult of a risen-from-the-dead individual, how hard would it be to make a body disappear?

kirkstaller wrote:
Evolution is not hard fact.

That evolution has taken place and does take place is indeed a hard fact. Further, that the basic propositions are true is supported by millions upon millions of hard facts. Millions of pieces of evidence (you remember that "evidence" thing?) all support and fit in to the evolutionary jigsaw.

kirkstaller wrote:
If God is all-powerful, what makes you think that he needs to create a light source in order to create light?

Apart from its asinine qualities, that statement also demonstrates that you don't actually even have a clue what "light" is. (A fault shared, in fairness, by the authors of the original piece, but they at least have the excuse of living in a time of no scientific knowledge of such matters). Well done.

Now, you've had a few months to ponder my previous questions. Maybe you could start with a reply to any given one?
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total
Posted by Him on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 am
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:47 am
Posts: 14117
Location: Campaigning for a deep attacking line
I can categorically state that Kirkstaller is correct, Jesus does exist.

In a moment of intense personal weakness and vulnerability (the night of the Leeds v Wigan game) Jesus appeared to me. I experienced an intense spiritual relationship with Jesus. It wasn't a conversation or dialogue, more just a deep spiritual understanding that I was lost, but now am found.
My previous sinful thoughts and actions will continue no longer. I now do not give to charity, what is happening to those African children is God's will.
I now no longer believe what the brain that God created and placed in my head tells me. I instead believe one particular interpretation of a text written hundreds of years after an event. I believe in the Ten Commandments, especially number 11.
So you should all desist in this unwarranted attack upon Kirkstaller, for he speaks the truth, as I am directed to believe it.

Now there's a tiny, tiny possibility that this intense spiritual experience was a combination of Leeds getting a good thrashing, copius amounts of alcohol and a chance meeting with Jamie Jones-Buchanan after the game, but I doubt. No, I met Jesus.
Posted by Rock God X on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 am
Rock God X User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:35 pm
Posts: 10852
Maybe Jamie Jones-Buchanan is Jesus? His second coming is overdue, is it not?
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,820,7851,57377,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 7th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 8th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 9th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Sat 9th Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






11